A healthy sex life is an important part of a person’s wellbeing. People can sometimes have difficulties, for example:
• Unintended pregnancy
• Sexually transmitted infections
• Low self esteem, anxiety or depression
• Passing infections on to others
• Relationship problems.
Suggestions which may help:
• Hugging and kissing can be as rewarding as sex
• Sex should be fun and not harmful to anyone
• Intimacy results from awareness of your partners needs as well as your own
• Discuss any problems away from the bedroom
• Ask for professional advice if necessary or seek advice from the NHS Choices website www.nhs.uk
• Be honest about what you want from your partner.